Monday, October 03, 2005

Equipment Evaluation

Now that I have achieved consistency, maximizing the distance is now necessary. It is time to evaluate my equipment.

By the way, I use to have two offset clubs in my bag, the fairway 3 and 5 woods. Whenever I have a nice hit with these two clubs, I have the strangest feeling that the ball stayed with clubface for a split second. I can feel the weight of the ball on the clubface! I think this is due to the offset feature of the club. Therefore, I was inclined to buy, the offset Hogan BH-5 irons. I like the weight of these clubs when I tried it at the beginnng of the season.

I have gone to EBAY and bought all the clubs. Now I have the Hogan BH-5 irons, all offset. I love these irons. I wish they make similar wedges (I still have my 60, 56, 52 Titleist).

As to the woods, I bought offset 5, 7 and a driver - all from King Cobra Golf. My putter is a special Callaway. I did try the rescue woods but really did not like them. I, however, love my offset 5 and 7 woods.

At this point, I am very happy with my equipment. I can now cover the 150 - 180 yards range with my 5 and 7 woods. My driver is good but I am still stuck with my 200-yard carry with it - I would love to add more distance so I am still shopping. And my Titleist wedges - I can play with them but I still do not have the confidence. They are a little heavy for me and the grips are a tad thick.

I would like to add that going to the offsets widened the fairways for me. Now I know that my shots only will either be straight or they will go left - not right (especially the driver). I can now aim more to the right of the fairway without fear of losing the ball to the right side.

No comments: