Tuesday, January 24, 2006

After a long lay-off, Disaster!

Well living in the northeast USA one has to contend with laying off the club for a few months. It a good thing that I can afford to travel down to Orlando with the family and enjoy (not true) golf in between trips accompanying the grandkids to the, what else, Disney World.

What a disaster! I thought I know the secret of golf already - the knees - but after a long lay-off, the muscle memory is no memory no more! Military golf takes over - left right, left right...

It is wonderful that I started this blog. Now I have to use it myself and read again what I have written so my body will replenish the muscle memory banks again. Golf is indeed a journey, an annual journey in my case.

Upon reading the whole blog again and comparing my recollections of my latest adventure in golf, the number one culprit that destroyed my game is probably the left hand and left arm losing the golf muscles built in by last year's constant golf. The winter months have weakened my left arm and left wrist to point that my right hand was taking over in the grip, the hit, almost everything. Lucky you lefties (playing rightie golf), winter months must be your recuperation months while us righties degrades. I hope God remembers and balances this out somehow.

No comments: