Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Rhythmatic Powerful Swing

The basic pattern for my golf swing is the chip with a spin.  It is chip where the club is pulled and flailed to create maximum spin.  The whole execution is the template of my basic swing.  It is that action that unifies the backswing and downswing and follow through and picture perfect finish into one cohesive rhythmatic powerful swing.

The posting is a memory jogger post.

  1. When things are getting awry and I feel as though I am lost again, I should go back to this posting to try to go back to my golf 101 template.
  2. When I am trying to learn something new and if I want to check if I am proceeding the correct path, then I have to read this posting again.
  3. When it is the beginning of the golf season, I should go back and read this posting again to remind to start with the basics.
  4. When my game is lost and different shots are performed with differing techniques, I should go back and read this posting to unify all again.
  5. When I am trying to make my shots powerful and long, I should go back to this posting and ensure that I have done it already - and here is the correct way.
  6. When my putting is having a problem, I should read this again and re-pattern the stroke to the chip stroke - in a very minimal way.

LONG DRIVE (the GOLF SWING in general)

Like spin chipping, the club must be brought up (see other postings related to this) and pulled down and around by the feet (ala Nicklaus) - in the process mimicking the rhythm of the spin chip.  The rhythm sounds like this - sssssssssSSSWWWSHHss. The club is pulled along the plane and the power is provided by uncoiling the hips and the LEFT hand holding the club all the way to the top.

IMPORTANT (April 9, 2015)

What was discovered here is the essence of the golf swing.  On chip and putts, the axis is the hands is while in a regular swing, the axis is the shoulder.  The pulling force is dependent on the individual.  The main point to remember is the golf swing is the fluid motion of bringing the club up pivoting along the axis with the body feeling the weight of the club.  When the desired moment is reached when the club has stopped its acceleration, the pull of the body is started and the club thrown towards the ball, letting the pulling force be as violent as desired towards the target and then the body closing up to the picture perfect finish.

We must remember that this is the whole objective in the Imperfect Golf Swing - to create this fluid motion of bringing the club up and feeling the weight of the club and pulling and throwing the club head along the ball towards the target and turning the body to the perfect finish at the top.  All the rest, the grip, the stance, etc. are dependent on the capability of the individual to execute this move.

This topic is copied in different postings to remind us of this fact.

No comments: